Fresh water bath

XVIII century’s essential architectural monument. İnventory number: 365

One of the 17 baths that existed in Shusha. Among the architectural monuments of Shusha, Fresh water bath is one of the monuments that stands out for its uniqueness. This bath was built between 1878-1880. The design belongs to the well-known architect Karbalayi Safikhan Garabaghi. Fresh water bath got its name thanks to the water supply of fresh water provided under the reign of Natavan 1873. The fresh water bath of Shusha was functioning until May 8, 1992, that is, until Shusha was occupied by Armenians. The bathhouse was built in an oriental architectural style. Channels for draining the water were made under the stone floor, which gave a warm floor effect. During the occupation, the building of the bathhouse was severely damaged. After the liberation of Shusha from occupation, the restoration work of the bath was launched.

Other Historical Monuments